How are you “weathering” this dry weather? If you are struggling with the weather, then here are a few tips to help you get and maintain that healthy glow of the skin in spite of the dry weather.
1. Hydrate: Drink enough water for your body system. As they say, at least 8 glasses of water daily. Sometimes you find yourself taking more or less than this quantity daily. I say to you ‘listen’ to your body and take as much as it requires. With the dry weather, you must moisturize. but when you are well hydrated, you will discover that you do not need to moisturize as much as you would have otherwise.
2. Eat Right: Fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc. Cut down on or avoid junk food. Snack on fruits like watermelon which is filling and refreshing.
3. Exfoliate: This simply means the removal of dead skin cells from the surface of the skin with the use of exfoliating substances like your regular body and face scrubs. However, have you tried exfoliating with coconut chaff? Yeah, you read me right. When you use coconut chaff to exfoliate, you notice a difference in the tone and texture of your skin instantly. How do you use it? Make sure the coconut chaff is wet by adding a little water to it. Then gently scrub your face with it. Allow it to dry on your skin. Brush off the chaff with your fingers and wash your face. The skin is smoother and softer. The chaff can also be used to exfoliate the whole body. The only downside is that it leaves a mess so be ready to clean up after you immediately. But I must point out that the effect this scrub has on your skin far outweighs the inconvenience of cleaning up after exfoliating.
4. Moisturize: Except you want to go about with scaly whitish skin, you must moisturize. When you moisturize with this, you discover that you may not need to moisturize again throughout the day until you take another bath. Pay special attention to your hands, elbows, knees and feet as you moisturize.
5. Don’t Ignore Breakouts: Everyone reacts to the dry weather differently. Some people actually have breakouts. If you are one of those, before you rush out to the drugstore why not try this? Mix organic virgin coconut oil with shea butter and use it on your pimples/acne at least twice daily. You will be amazed at what you see. I know it sounds weird using oily products on skin with acne but hey, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.
6. Protect Your Lips: Use a lip balm. Carry one around with you all the time for regular use in order to avoid chapped lips. Trust me, the sight is not attractive. This Mary Kay tinted lip balm is good. Not only does it protect your lips against the dry weather, it also offers protection against the harmful rays of the sun with SPF 15.
I hope you found these tips helpful. If you did, please like our page Chettioan on facebook, follow Chettioan on twitter, pinterest, instagram or on bloglovin’. 😉